Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good samaritan

I woke up early that day.
I have a long trip ahead.
To Manila, Rosewood Pointe
in Taguig City to be exact.
I was expecting heavy trip
since it’s Undas. I left our house
5:30 am. Took the Cubao bound HM bus.

I had two plans. If I reach Mantrade before 8:00 am, I will take
the bus to Guadalupe. If beyond that, I will take a taxi going
to Rosewood, which would be easier. If by taxi I also have
two choices. Either we take McKinley Road (I know traffic
will be heavy here since this leads to the American Cemetery
and Libingan ng mga Bayani)  or Kalayaan Ave. Both will
take me to Market Market and exit to C5.

I arrived in Mantrade 7:25 am. Took the ordinary bus bound
for Novaliches (I asked the bus conductor if it will stop
at Guadalupe, I just had to be sure) and paid the P10 bus fare.
I had time to enjoy breakfast at Jollibee.

Guadalupe discovery: 2 Jollibee and 2 Chowking restaurants
both a few meters from each branch.

At the back of Jollibee, there was a jeepney terminal. I took
the jeep going to FTI-Taguig. I asked Manong driver to get me
off at the Palar tunnel via the service road. Jeepney fare was P11.
My seatmate (jeepmate?) was also going to Palar. He was kind
to tell me that the jeep would not pass by the service road
because of road construction. I got off with him and he even
showed me where to take the tricycle to Rosewood.
Good Samaritans exists.